Counseling for students and prospective students with a disability or chronic illness is offered by:
- the Service Office for Disabled and Chronically Ill Students and
- contact persons at the departments (PDF, 87 kB)
The Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities advocates the concerns of students with disability or chronic illness.
If you need psychological help urgently, you can turn to the psychiatric walk-in clinic of the hospital “Klinikum rechts der Isar”.
- Aside from its General Advice Service, the Munich Student Union offers an advice service for students with disabilities. There you can also find a Psychosocial Counselling Service as well as contact persons on accommodation for disabled students.
- Initial information is provided by the Information and Advice Center – Studying with Disabilities of the German Student Union.
- The Disabled Persons Office of TUM offers counseling for employees.
- Dipl. Psych. Claus Hertl and Manuel Rühl provide psychological counselling for TUM employees.
- If you need psychological help urgently, you can turn to the psychiatric walk-in clinic of the Klinikum rechts der Isar.
- Municipal counseling for the city of Munich and towns Freising and Garching is provided by the Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities of the City of Munich, the Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities of Freising, and the Advisory Council for Persons with Disabilities of Garching.
- If you seek advice on supra-regional issues and problems, you can turn to the Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities of the Bavarian State Government and the Federal Government Commissioner for Matters relating to Disabled Persons.
- The Bavarian Center for Families and Social Affairs (ZBFS) is responsible for issues of profession and disability, financial aids and living with disabilities or chronic illnesses in Bavaria.
- As the supra-communal social welfare authority, the district of Upper Bavaria provides support and services for disabled persons.