The Technical University of Munich cultivates a culture of appreciation, openness and diversity. Independent of gender, nationality, religion, worldview, physical ability, age or sexual orientation TUM actively promotes the equality of all members of our university.
It is the diversity of our scientists, students and staff that makes TUM an innovative and dynamic university. It therefore creates working and study conditions in which everyone can develop their individual abilities. The result: studying and working in lively teams, exchanging fruitful debates and thriving in an environment of outstanding research, innovation and creativity.
The Staff Unit Diversity & Equal Opportunities is a central unit which develops, shapes and supports TUM's gender & diverisity strategy. We work closely with the Gender Equality Office, Gender Equality Officers in our Schools / Faculties, Vice Deans for Talent Management and Diversity and the respective Diversity Offices of the Schools / Faculties. The Staff Unit reports to Prof. Dr. Claudia Peus, Senior Vice President for Talentmanagement & Diversity.
Business Areas of the Staff Unit
Contact: Dr. Alina Gales
- Development and implementation of diversity controlling
- Support of the Talentmanagement & Diversity Board
- Supervision of the Gender & Diversity Incentive Fund
- Continuous development of the TUM Gender Equality Plan
- Consulting TUM members on various diversity dimensions
- Strategic development of measures to reconcile work/study and family life at TUM
- Comprehensive range of information, advice and services for all TUM employees on the subject of work/study and family life
- Search for suitable childcare, from daycare to after-school care or babysitters
- Organization and offer of vacation care
- Initial information and support on the topic of caring for relatives
- Organization of networking and information events on the topics of family, care, and health
Contact: Doris Halm
- Support in finding accommodation in Munich and Garching for international postdocs and visiting professors.
- Advice and support for landlords
Contact: Aljona Merk
- Placement of all relevant topics on diversity within TUM
- Establishment and coordination of communication processes around the topic of diversity at TUM
- Organization of events on diversity
- Communication consulting on diversity topics for all units of TUM
- Website maintenance