If you submit an accommodation inquiry we will automatically check whether we can put you up in the International Center for Science and the Humanities (IBZ). However, TUM only has a selection of 12 furnished and completely equipped flats of various sizes.
Regulations for staying at the IBZ
- The apartments in the IBZ can be rented by international postdocs and visiting professors.
- The IBZ apartments are rented out to single persons, couples and families. For single persons and couples the maximum occupancy period is 12 months, for families 18 months.
- The apartments will only be rented out on a monthly basis from the 1st until the 30th/31st of each month.
- The apartments can be reserved earliest 1.5 years in advance, but must be reserved latest 4 months in advance.
- After an offer for an apartment has been made by TUM, you will need to let TUM know within one week, if you would like to make a binding reservation. Otherwise the apartment will be offered to another guest.
- Requests for one-month stays (or shorter) can usually not be considered, since long-term rentals are preferred.
- Cancellations of TUM guests should be communicated to the Accommodation Service as well as directly to the IBZ. The apartment will then be rented out again though the IBZ. There are no waiting lists at TUM.
There are no facilities for accommodating guests belonging to TUM in the campus or town of Garching and Freising-Weihenstephan.
It is not possible to accommodate postdoctoral researchers, visiting lecturers or professors in halls of residence belonging to the Student Union (Studentenwerk München).