If you submit an accommodation inquiry we will automatically check whether we can put you up in the International Center for Science and the Humanities (IBZ). However, TUM only has a selection of 12 furnished and completely equipped flats of various sizes.
- The IBZ apartments are rented out to single persons as well as couples. The maximum occupancy time for singles is 12 months and for families 18 months.
- The apartments will only be rented out on a monthly basis from the 1st until the 30th/31st of each month.
- The apartments can be reserved earliest 1.5 years in advance, but must be reserved latest 4 months in advance.
- After an offer for an apartment has been made by TUM, you will need to let TUM know within one week, if you would like to make a binding reservation. Otherwise the apartment will be offered to another guest.
- Request for stays of less than one month can usually not be considered, since long-term rentals are preferred.
- Cancellations of TUM guests should be communicated to the Accommodation Service as well as directly to the IBZ. The apartment will then be rented out again though the IBZ. There are no waiting lists at TUM.
There are no facilities for accommodating guests belonging to TUM in the campus or town of Garching and Freising-Weihenstephan.
It is not possible to accommodate postdoctoral researchers, visiting lecturers or professors in halls of residence belonging to the Student Union (Studentenwerk München).
Requests for reservation can only be submitted by your hosting chair or professor. Please contact us at email@example.com.