The Technical University of Munich (TUM) offers a broad spectrum of counseling to meet the unique needs of various target groups. In cooperation with a network of external counseling providers, TUM provides student and employee support services to foster a healthy working environment and successful studies.
For particular matters you can contact officers and representatives of TUM who will assist you and will provide you with necessary information. Students and prospective students can find assistance at the Student Service Center of TUM.
Below you will find a list of offices and qualified counselors available to students, doctoral candidates and employees at TUM, providing personal assistance and important information regarding your individual concerns.
Diversity Consulting / Women's Programs
TUM.Diversity advises and supports members of the university, faculties and (scientific) institutions of the TUM in the planning and implementation of diversity measures.
Promotion of Women
Study and Career with Family
The counseling network of the Munich Student Union assists students in cases of sexual harassment.
Disability / Chronic Illness
- There are a number of locations providing information and assistance to students and employees with disabilities or chronic illnesses.
- The Representative for Employees with Disabilities is available to all TUM employees.
- The Service Office for Disabled and Chronically Ill Students addresses the needs of TUM students.
- Information on the accessibility of TUM's libraries is available online on the information pages of the TUM library website.
- Vocational psychological counseling is available with Dipl. Psych. Claus Hertl and Manuel Rühl.
Religion / Belief
From school to university
High school graduates considering university study can inform themselves about TUM and its various programs for potential students through Explore TUM.